CF (ConFlat®) and wire seal flanges are part of the same family of ultrahigh vacuum components that compress a copper gasket between two stainless steel flanges to create a vacuum tight seal. The CF flange system is more commonly used within the vacuum industry and as such has a much larger standard product offering. Wire seal flanges are desirable for those applications that require flanges larger than those available with the CF flange system. These CF flanges are manufactured to industry standards and are interchangeable with all other ConFlat® style flanges and fittings. Wire seal flanges have no standard dimension specifications. Vacuum component manufacturers endeavour to create interchangeable flanges, however, it is our opinion that the only way to ensure compatibility is to purchase a mating set of flanges from one manufacturer. All flanges available through Laser Support Services are manufactured on state-of-the-art CNC (computer numerical control) lathes to ensure consistency with dimensional tolerances, and extremely fine surface finishes. Water soluble, non sulphur based coolants are used during the manufacturing process. The flanges are cleaned in an ultrasonic de-ionized water based cleaning system and vacuum packaged free from visible particulates and oils, ready for immediate use in any vacuum application.
•Vacuum rated to 1x10-13 Torr.
• Leak rating < 1x10-9 std. cc/s helium.
• Temperature range: -200˚C to 450˚C.
• Standard Materials: Flanges and fittings: 304L stainless steel seals: OFE copper for ultrahigh vacuum (UHV) or Viton® for high vacuum (HV).
• Standard sizes: CF flanges outer diameter. 34mm (1.33") to 419mm (16 1/2") (for tubing diameter 6.3mm (1/4") up to 355mm (14"). Wire seal flanges outer diameter: 314mm (12 3/8") up to 689mm (27 1/8") (for tubing diameter 254mm (10") up to 607mm (24").
• All-metal seals.
• Sexless flanges - CF flange system.
• Rotatable flanges for easier bolt hole alignment - CF flange system.
• Tapped or clearance bolt holes available.
• Adapters to other flange systems available.
• Available in metric and U.S. (imperial) sizes.
• Interchangeable with other ConFlat® style flanges and wire seal flanges made to industry standards (ISO 3669).
Please contact us to discuss your requirements in detail or if you have any further questions.